How to be Safe When Returning to Your Parked Car
In a previous article, Mrs. Stun Gun discussed how to improve your personal safety when you parked your car. In this article, she provides 8 ways you can improve the level of personal protection when you return to your parked car.
· Be aware of your surroundings as you approach your vehicle. Ideally, you can see your vehicle clearly from a safe distance with no obstructions blocking your view
· Have your car keys in one hand and your stun gun powered on in the other hand.
· Check under your vehicle from a safe distance as well as any other vehicle that's close by.
· If there are a group of individuals near your car stay away from your car and return to safer surroundings. Many women spark test their stun guns in this situation. It lets people know that she is protected.
· Be aware of suspicious situations. For example, an occupied vehicle parked close by, or a suspicious person approaching you as you near your car.
· If your car has as flat tire or looks different, leave immediately and call for help.
· Inspect the interior of the car prior to entering. Look in the back seats. Especially the third row if you have a minivan or SUV.
· Install a remote car starter. Many starters activate the parking lights when started. A potential attacker may think a person is waiting for you in your car and move on.
Now that you have learned these new techniques to improve your level of personal protection, they will do you no good if you don't put them into practice. It's important to be aware of your surroundings at all time. Adopting these practices is a good start a personal defense and an integral part of safety for women.