7 Ways to Avoid Being a Victim of Cyber Stalking
Following these tips from Mrs. Stun Gun can greatly reduce your risk of attracting a cyber stalker.
1. Never specify gender when registering online. In fact, only use your first initial so your name doesn't give your gender away.
2. Never give out personal information through the internet unless you are confident in the site.
3. Don't use your real name for your screen name or user ID.
4. Use a gender neutral screen name.
5. Don't share any personal information in online public spaces such as social media. I know this is the opposite of many social media sites, but having your whole life on the net is just asking for trouble.
6. Change your online passwords on a regular basis.
7. Don't sign or fill out guest books. They are simply a tool for gathering information and you don't know who is gathering it.
Although these tips sound obvious, Mrs. Stun Gun feels that they are a prudent reminder that women need to be cautious in an online world. Unfortunately, she has sold many stun guns or TASER® products to women that have become victims of stalkers they originally met over the internet. Don't be the next victim.
For additional articles on personal safety with an emphasis of safety for women, please see the blog at Mrs. Stun Gun.com.